AirTran Airways - Worst Flying Experience Ever!!
I recently had the worst flying experience ever flying out of Charlotte to Tunica on Airtran, all on my 30th B-day!After the front desk agents told me it was ok to carry my bag on the plane w/o checking it and then making it through a full body scan at security, a gate agent singled my bag out of a crowd while I was sitting down in front of my respective gate about an hour and a half before my plane was to ***, so that he could measure the dimensions of it.
I happily obliged with no problems because I traveled with th, it was one inch to big and demanded that I pay $20 baggage fee or leave bag as an unattended bag so that the airport could throw it away. I advised the gate agent that I had just bought my ticket less than 24hrs ago as a last minute decision to spend my 30th birthday with my family and also thanksgiving and asked if there was someone else I could speak to. He refused sayin that he was the supervisor and that I would have to pay $20 or leave the bag. I tried to tied the bungee cord on top of my bag as tight as possible so I could shrink it an inch and that still didn't work for him.
He started boarding the plane, minus me and refused to let me board without meeting his conditions. I got very upset and put my boarding pass on his podium and proceeded to walk through the airplan tunnel anyway. He grabbed my bag saying that I was breaching security and noted my reservation like I was some type of terrorist which I can assure you I am not! By that time, another gate agent came over to find out what the problem was.
She measured my bag and put a yellow oversize carry on bag tag on my bag so that I could just take the bag and not check it with a fee but he refused to let me board. He told her that I was not getting on unless I paid the $20 fee. Needless to say, the only plane going to Tunica, MS that I bought my ticket for left without me on my 30th Birthday. I was distraught and upset and crying and embarrassed and humiliated.
It was the worst flying experience ever. I had to wait 4 hrs for an Operation Manager to come in and read the gate agents terrosirt notes and ask me did I try to walk on through the security door to the plane and I told him yes. He asked me in retrospect do I think that was the best thing to do in the situation and wouldn't have been easier to try and work with the gate agent? I explained that I had begged, and cried, and pleaded with him for an hour and that no it did not help the situation.
The operations manager looked at my bag and was startled to see that it already had a yellow check tag on it and that I could have boarded the plane with that but I explained the lady gate agent did this and the guy gate agent still refused to let me board. So the gate agent never apologized, the manager didn't either. He finally put me on a flight to Memphis, TN, 40 miles away from my original destination through US Airways but flew my bag on expedited service on Airtran!
Go figure!!I still can't believe I got treated like this over a $20 baggage fee and my bag being an inch over!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Baggage Fee
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time. We..."
- "I parked my car with a valet in downtown (4th / hill ) I leave my key with them because they need to manage my car to a right spot,..."
- "My luggage was tossed in the baggage claim room at the airport and was completely destroyed along with my other items inside my bag. I could not zip my bag..."
- "I was being charged twice for locking in my one year payment of $19.95 and everyone I spoke to said it was a "hold" from either the bank of credit..."
- "I went to the Resturant on Bridford Parkway with my friend for lunch, then afterwards I ordered two more sandwiches or rather subs to go for m mom and husband...."
- "I worked for gainsborugh baths in Lexington Nc for 8 years they were so unfair to all us employees when they closed the plant in july22 2016 they kept all..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."