AirTran Airways - Delayed but never given explanation
My boyfriend and I were coming back from Mexico and the plan was for us to leave Mexico in the afternoon, have a layover in Atlanta and then come home to KC that night.Simple right?
Air Tran effed it up pretty badly. We get to the airport in Mexico to find our flight delayed. We asked the ticket agent at our gate if they had any information about the flight and what was going on. "I don't know" was the answer.
At first it was only a couple hours delay so we don't worry too much. The delay extends from two hours to four, we ask again the answer is still "I don't know". By now I am starting to become frustrated (Really? They should have told the ticket agents/gate people SOMETHIING by now?) and cranky but with no other option we wait it out.
When seven pm comes along (we had been at the airport for a good six hours by this point) no plane and still no answer for what is causing the delay (another answer of "Sorry, we really don't know"). Two hours after this we FINALLY get an answer but that was when the plane arrived at the gate and we were boarding! The problem was a shift change that was shorthanded and some maintenance issues! No one had bothered to tell any of the passengers on that flight or the ticket/gate agents what was going on we were kept out of the loop for at least eight hours not knowing what to do and missing our connecting flight.
Then we were stuck on the runway for 20 minutes because they didn't have the damned flight plan!
Thankfully we made it home the next morning but I will never fly Air Tran again for this lack of communication.It was inexcusable.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In March I had a shockingly bad MegaBus experience on various levels, and I've heard of similar from friends. When I got home that night, I wrote a review..."
- "My luggage was tossed in the baggage claim room at the airport and was completely destroyed along with my other items inside my bag. I could not zip my bag..."
- "When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener. I had to immediately go buy a..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "This happened to us in Cancun at the airport terminal. When they gave us the car, unfortunately we did not do a thoroughly inspection and when we return it they..."
- "We had a terrible experience. I purchased a beautiful $75 arrangement from their website. My MIL received something totally different. Different flowers, different vase, and they stuck a bunch of..."
- "Avoid Cancun top dental in plaza las Americas, I took my wife for a revision because she was in pain,right from the get go they try to get her to..."